Mobile Website Design
Have You Implemented a Mobile First Design?
Mobile use has consistently grown in popularity. Smartphones are portable and exceedingly convenient, allowing individuals to perform Google searches on the go. Websites respond differently when they are opened on mobile browsers. When this isn’t taken into consideration, the website may malfunction and cease to work properly on the mobile browser. It is important to ensure that your website will function properly on a mobile device, as well as on other platforms.
Mobile browsers tend to be located closer to purchase points. They allow users to search the internet while in their vehicles or traveling. Impulse purchases or visits to businesses are more likely to be made if individuals can find and use your website.
Responsive websites are extremely important, especially across platforms. A responsive website will load quickly and prevent users from clicking away due to the loading time. When users consistently leave a website, Google’s algorithms will penalize the site’s rankings. Preventing this with a responsive website will allow the mobile site to rank higher in Google searches. A responsive mobile website will help provide the users with the best experience and will allow you to gain more customers.
Progressive Web Apps
Progressive web apps are implemented more and more frequently. They may be essential in increasing the mobility of a website. There are several factors that progressive web apps have in common. These factors include:
- Responsive– a progressive web app will load quickly and function properly
- Connectivity Independence– progressive web apps are capable of working offline due to their design
- App-like Interactions– a progressive web app follows a traditional app structure and model, providing navigation consistent with traditional apps
- Consistently updated– this allows progressive web apps to receive regular maintenance and continue to function properly
- Safe– progressive web apps are safe to use
- Discoverable– progressive web apps can be easily found
- Re-engageable– progressive web apps are re-engageable and are capable of implementing push notifications
- Installable– progressive web apps are capable of being installed on the home screen, allowing easy navigation to the app
- Linkable– progressive web apps are easy to share with others
Any website can be changed into a progressive web app with the right modifications. These will allow the website to function like a traditional app, as well as will be downloadable to allow for easier navigation. Progressive web apps combine the best attributes of apps and websites. Essentially, progressive web apps are regular web pages or sites that appear and function like traditional applications.
Hire a Mobile Web Professional
An experienced web developer will be able to create a website that has all of these necessary attributes. They will be able to develop a website that is responsive across platforms, including mobile browsers. This will help ensure that your customers will be happy with your website.
It is important to obtain the services of a professional company to ensure that your website remains functional, responsive, and reliable. Your website must be easy for customers to navigate and use. A good website will significantly increase the overall conversion rate and traffic to your website.
Here at Performance Driven Marketing, we are dedicated to providing our customers with websites that work. Our web developers are skilled at creating responsive mobile websites that can provide significant benefits to your business. To learn more about creating the ideal website for your company, contact us today!