Quality content is one of the most important elements to creating a successful website. We are inundated with online content, and the rise of customers wanting information on demand means it is more important than ever to take the time to create compelling content. However, not every business owner knows how to write website content, and many simply do not have the time or skill set needed to ensure their website will be noticed by the search engines.
Why Quality Content Matters
Did you know 1400 blogs are posted every minute on the Internet? To give you an idea of what you are up against, we have a few other insightful numbers to consider:
- 4,000,000 searches are performed on Google every minute
- 204,000,000 emails are sent every minute
- Facebook users share 2,460,000 content pieces every minute
As you can see, the Internet has so much information being created every minute that it may seem impossible to find a way to have your voice heard. However, an experienced content writer knows how to get through the noise and help customers get noticed in their industry.
Breaking Through the Internet Noise with Quality Content Writing
To have a successful website, you must create compelling, informative content. Follow our three-step method to create blog articles, landing pages, and articles:
- Create a plan of action for every piece of content you share. A lot of content writing comes down to trial and error. What does your audience respond to? Does your writer know how to effectively target your audience with keyword phrases and search terms?
- Schedule content frequently. The search engines want to see you are providing fresh content frequently. If you only post once a year, your website will struggle. Google has a list of ranking factors they consider when assigning your website visibility. Failure to follow the Google standards could land you in a lower position from your key competitors.
- Use your voice. People want to read content that is actually FROM your business. This doesn’t mean your content writer needs to work in-house, but they need to be able to successfully capture your voice. You need to have content published that is genuine, has a personality, and will get people talking. Remember, there is a lot of content out there, if your content isn’t original and brings something NEW to the table, people won’t read it.
Content Writing Services
Performance Driven Marketing has a team of Internal writers who work directly with our clients to properly capture their voices. Our professional content writing services include:
- Landing page writing and optimization
- Blog writing and optimization
- Social media content management
- Article writing
- SEO writing
- eBook writing
- Infographic writing
- Brochure writing
Good website content comes from writers who are highly qualified and trained to focus on Internet writing. Failure to understand how to write a landing page versus a brochure could cost you a higher ranking in the search engines.
Relevant Content Keeps Readers
One major problem businesses face is not understanding how to write compelling, relevant content that people actually read. Local search marketing focuses writing to pertain to your local audience. Some companies become so obsessed with larger keyword terms and phrases, that they fail to address their local customers. Our website content writers are well-versed in local search marketing, and we are experts at structuring website content to reach online readers in a format where they will actually WANT to read the content.
SEO Content Writing
A lot of people are confused about “SEO content.” Some people believe search engine optimization (SEO) to be a tangled web of confusion that doesn’t matter. However, we are here to show you just how much it DOES matter. Keywords are used by the search engine algorithms, but the keywords are actually more important to the customer. Ask yourself how many times you have typed in something you were looking for, only to have lackluster results turn up. Then, you might find yourself changing what you searched for to try and locate the exact company, product, or information you really need. If this has ever happened, you just witnessed what SEO content is all about. We focus on making sure those terms people actually want to find correlate to the content on your website.
Content marketing gets three times the amount of leads per dollar spent compared to paid search marketing.
What is Quality Content?
Approaching a website redesign, landing page, or blog all comes down to common characteristics from your core audience including:
- Content centered around customer questions
- Content written for humans and properly optimized for search engines
- Engaging content the reader finds useful
- Content that helps your core audience
- Content that offers a fresh and unique perspective
We can spot poor content quickly. Far too often we have dealt with websites that outsourced content to third-party writing services, without native English-speaking writers. While this method can sometimes work, more often than not the content tends to be confusing and poorly written. Here are some of the things to watch for on your website to know if you have content that needs to be cleaned up:
- Spelling and grammatical errors
- Content designed to manipulate search engines and readers
- Content that does not have originality
- Information is outdated
- The content is hard to understand, or doesn’t make sense
Low-quality content is all over the Internet, and we are all too familiar with it. In fact, we have helped several clients overcome Google Panda and Penguin updates, which are designed to rid the Internet of copied, poor content.
If you have a website with low-quality content, or copied content, you need to call our Ogden marketing company right away. We can help to restore your businesses online reputation, improve your content, and fix SEO problems to ensure your website finally receives the traffic and ranking it deserves.