In an ever-changing landscape, are press releases still relevant? Social media has changed the way our culture consumes information, and the national and local media still focus on creating news-worthy topics. While people may not have newspapers delivered to their doorstops the way they used to, the online media still thrives with valuable information given to them from press releases. The press release is one of the most valuable marketing tools because it allows businesses to remain relevant, generate news-worthy articles, and maintain an active online presence.
The Value of Press Releases
In the past, a press release was submitted and sent to the person at the news station that was in charge of filtering the releases and determining what was deemed “valuable.” Now, social media marketing allows businesses the ability to generate marketing campaigns without going through the arduous process of finding that right person in the newsroom that would read the press release. In fact, thanks to social media, online press releases provide the following advantages for businesses:
- Key search engine optimization methods that provide higher online visibility.
- Permanent information that is now part of the business record.
- Sending out unfiltered information to the masses.
When to Use a Press Release
Press release marketing is a great way to keep in touch with your customers. Utilizing the right press release writers not only help you connect with your audience, it can help your information be picked up by the local or national media. Gaining additional attention for important business milestones is a great way to continue building your brand and strengthening your reputation. Here are some reasons when you need to consider submitting press releases:
- Announcing a new product or service. One of the best ways to get information to your core audience is by announcing to them you have a new product or service in the works. Customers want to see that your business is always doing things to help benefit them in some way. A press release discussing the new products or services will help the information to start getting indexed in the search engines, and it can catch the attention of media influencers.
- Strengthening your brand image. Reputation is essential. In fact, according to Inc.com, 84% of people will trust online reviews as much as a referral from a friend. Your business reputation matters. If you are utilizing press releases, you can improve your brand image drastically.
- Keeping interest in your business. Another important reason to send out a press release is when you feel your sales are sliding and things just aren’t going as well. A press release sent out could include videos, pictures, and other multimedia that helps to drive interest. You don’t always need a new product or a big announcement to send out a press release.
- Local connection. When you utilize press releases for a local market, you have the ability to tie it in with other local events and businesses. We have seen trends in the way people shop locally first, and many local customers may not even know about your business if you aren’t sending out regular press releases.
- Expanding national or world–wide distribution. Online press releases are now sent to national and world-wide audiences. In the past, it was just a few select members of the media that received the information. Thanks to online tools, businesses have the ability to get their niche product or service not only nationally noticed, but noticed world-wide. Email and social media have made it easier for companies to garnish more attention for their brand, making it easier to grow your business as you can reach out to a broader market.
Keeping Press Releases Fresh
At Performance Driven Marketing, we are always providing high-quality writing services to help our clients properly communicate their brand message. Our in-house writing team focuses on creating striking press releases designed to enhance brand visibility, generate more website traffic, and improve your reputation.
When creating compelling press releases, we focus on following a journalistic tone, helping to catch the attention of the media-influencers that are covering local and national news stories for your business industry. We effectively target readers with content that is engaging, factual, and relevant. Our seasoned writing team consists of college-educated journalistic and marketing writers and editors with experience in a variety of industries.
Let our expert team take your business to the next level by crafting compelling press releases that will bring about higher rankings in the search engines. Contact Performance Driven Marketing today to get started with your press release writing needs.